Friday 25 March 2011

Ecobuild 20th - 22nd March 2011 and Personal Trajectory

The main purpose behind my visit to ecobuild this year was to explore new innovative green technology suitable for my major end of year studio project based in Lower River Dee region, Aberdeen. I came across many fascinating technologies, some of which were not appropriate for application to areas of my site but nevertheless they grabbed my attention. The key innovative technology that interested me most was "Boddington's Grass and Ground Reinforcement Solutions" (For more information see www.grass-reinforcement.com). It is highly appropriate for similar application to certain infrastructure found in my proposed plan, of which car parking facilities should remain low in visual impact, hold excellent sustainable drainage systems and withstand heavy vehicular pressure in its seemingly natural state ("Grass Protecta (Heavy Grade" is essentially a protector which encourages grass growth whilst minimizes the effects that vehicular and pedestrian weight can cause towards ground rutting). (edited 20th April 2011)

Other useful company product guides that I took home with me include:
  • Atlas Concorde: PLAN, outdoor design
  • Frosts: VERTISCAPES
  • Sempergreen: Vegetation Blankets for Roof and Ground Covering
  • Sempergreen: Vertical Systems
  • Safetytread: Slip-Resistant Treds, Stair Nosings and Inserts
  • DeltaLight: The Lighting Bible 8
In my final major studio project I am also proposing a site which shall be used for creating renewable energy (high river current velocity in particular site). Such technology was not found
at ecobuild though the event definitely encouraged me to introduce innovative green technology as a key component in my studio project. (edited 20th April 2011)

















































(Precedent/Innovative Technology Research for part of my Final Major Studio Project)

No comments:

Post a Comment